What qualities should I look for when purchasing a digital camera?

good name for gadget store on World Wide Technology Tim Denny
good name for gadget store image



ashley


There are sooooo many different brands to choose from when it comes to digital cameras. I'm familiar with most of them but I'm still not sure what I should be looking for (besides the brand name and mega pixels). I'm a casual shooter but want that professional quality, but don't want to spend over $200. Any suggestions on which camera might suit me best or what qualities I should be looking for? Please be specific. Thank you.


Answer
It can be intimidating trying to figure out which digital camera is right for you. There are just so many factors.

1. Determine how much money you want to spend. Setting a budget, or at least a budget range, will help you avoid cameras that you could never afford. You can more easily target which models are affordable for you.

2. Carefully consider what you will usually be photographing. Is it family pictures of the kids playing? Will you be traveling often, and shooting landscapes? Look for cameras that have the best features for your needs. For instance, if you typically shoot sports and action, find a camera that can shoot at high speeds.

3. What is your experience level? If you are a beginner, look for models that seem easy to use. Go to the stores and handle the cameras personally. Find a camera that is as automated for things like flash, aperture, and so on. If you are more experienced, you will want a camera that gives the user more control.

4. Figure out what your photo printing needs are. For casual use and simply sharing 4x6 vacation photos with family, a basic 2-mega-pixel model is perfectly fine. If you plan to make larger prints, and make them frequently, you will need more mega-pixels. A 4-mega-pixel will produce good 8X10 photos.

5. How do you plan to store your images? If you have a computer with very little memory available and no CD burner, I don't recommend getting that hot, cool 7-mega-pixel camera even if your budget allows it. The images will be too large to store. If you do have a way to convert images to Cd's or have a huge hard drive, go for it.

6. Do you already have devices that use one type of memory card? If your digital camcorder and PDA all use the Secure Digital memory card, this may be a major deciding factor when purchasing a digital camera. Why spend so much money on multiple styles of memory card when you can just use the same card with all those gadgets? best camera reviews http://www.camerareview-blog.com

How do I transfer the ebooks I received via email to my Samsung Galaxy Tab?




Lorraine


I bought my tab two days ago and I still haven't figured out how to transfer the ebooks I received via email from my laptop to my tab. I'm new to my gadget and I need some instructions. I'll really appreciate your answers!


Answer
If the tab didn't come with software that actually facilitates the process, you have "generic" options, but first things first: you need to know what ebook reading software you'll be using: Adobe, B&N app, Kindle app, Aidiko, etc. You don't mention what format are those ebooks in, so I can't help as to what software you need to read them using your new tab.

After you figure out the above, next step is the actual upload to the tablet:

1. If you can open the email using your tablet, find out the instructions as it pertains to attachments.

If not, do the downloading via your laptop, which you can do in more than one way:

1. Download Calibre, which is free, and use Calibre to organize your ebooks and upload them to the tablet. Simply open the ebook attachments, save them to your computer, and from there, use Calibre to add the book.

2. After the ebook attachments are saved to your laptop, use the same process that you would use with any other devices, if you use a laptop operating Windows:

A. Connect the tab to your computer (probably there is a USB cable there somewhere, right?)

B. Locate the Folder corresponding to your tab, clicking on your My Computer icon on your Desktop. If you can't find it, click on Start, and you should find the option of My Computer or Computer in the menu. Click on it and locate the folder corresponding to your tab.

C. Open the folder corresponding to your tab. See if there is any named Folder for downloads or books. Store your books there.


READ YOUR GALAXY'S INSTRUCTIONS. If there are none, go online and google it. I am sure that, by now, there must be information in, at least Slatedroid as to how to use your tab, or even a wiki of some sort.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

 
Home