How can I not get my laptop stolen when I am on the subway?

good gadget backpacks on ... all vehicles, the Road Rage Swearing Punching Bag at One More Gadget
good gadget backpacks image
Q. Ok so In a couple days I must take the subway home (in toronto, canada) from my aunts house. in my backpack, i will be carrying my laptop as i must bring it home. My journey will be around mid day so there should be tons of people around. do you think that i will attract attention with just a regular backpack and my ipod in my ears? what are the chances of me getting robbed?


Answer
Thieves don't like to attract attention to themselves.
It's better to lift a laptop unnoticed.
The way to avoid that is to keep laptop hidden in back pack; carry it on your lap with zippers facing toward your body & keep arms through the shoulder straps w/ arms crossed.
I'd not wear any head phones to draw attention to other electronic gadgets you possess.
Ride the subway looking like you are keeping constant awareness of your surroundings in a confident manner.

The thief is looking for distracted individuals who are not keeping an eye on their belongings.
They don't even have to know you have a lap top.
They will steal a back pack when your not looking & hope they find something valuable in it later.

As for crime statistics, here's your link: http://www.spotcrime.com/on/toronto
You can track crime statistics daily to see where the hot spots are.

What's the best iPod Touch, Archos 704 WiFi, or Archos 5?




Erica


Someone who has experience with these types of media gadgets please help me. I am planning on buying one of these, but stuck on which one I would enjoy the most. I really want one where I can transfer my Flip Video movies onto, so which one?


Answer
I just recently bought the archos 5 and its pretty large it fits in the palm of your hand in all but still pretty big. It works good execpt I have had a couple problems with it! easy fix ones though! I have used the ipod touch many of times the only thing better about it than the archos is that it has more widgets!! I would go with the archos 5 more memory, larger screen like you said you want to be able to put your videos on it larger screen to watch it one =) so go with the archos 5 ( btw the archos 704 is way to big! its 7 inches long you couldnt carry in your pocket maybe backpack or bag of some sort!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

 
Home