How can I keep gadgets blogger with new layout?

good blogger gadgets on See -- as if we needed confirmation -- gadgetry is good for you.
good blogger gadgets image



blah


how to change my blogger layout, without deleting the gadgets? I just need to find out how to change it to a new one... without deleting the widgets/gadgets? I want to keep all but I want a new layout ? how can I do this? which codes do I need to look for to keep and change? thank you


Answer
It is not possible to automatically keep gadgets when changing to a new template on Blogger. What I usually do to get round this is copy the code in my gadgets to Notepad plus any changes I have made within the template so that it is just a matter of creating a new gadget and copying and pasting the existing code into the new gadget once the new template is installed.

Alternatively you could copy the code within your template but that requires quite a bit of technical knowledge to know what to copy. Basically find any gadgets in your sidebar - look for the widgets below this line <div id='sidebar-wrapper'>. However if you have other gadgets like Adsense for example in the header or body these won't be captured. You would need to find the code for these widgets within the body and header section of your template. This is just as time consuming as the previous method and not as straightforward. The safest method is to systematically copy the codes within each gadget

For more help with customizing Blogger and in depth tutorials please visit my blogs about using Blogger - Blog Know How and Best Blogger Tutorials

Is is possible to group together or archive posts in categories in blogger?




Emelia J


Is is possible to group together or archive posts in categories rather than in months or days? I want to make categories for my posts and then be able to visit that category of posts. Is there any possible way of doing it? Maybe I could could group together the tags in my posts? I'm using blogger.


Answer
Do you mean is there a way to show only posts relating to a certain subject automatically? Or by clicking the category? For the second option you can put labels on all your posts by typing them into the Label box when you make a new post (it saves already-used labels).

Then, to display your various categories (labels), go into Settings - Layout - Click "Add a Gadget" - Choose "Labels".

I have a feeling this isn't quite what you were asking; but if you try to further explain, I'll try and change my answer to suit.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

 
Home