What are RSS feeds and how do I use them?

good rss gadget on ALVANGUARD PHOTOGRAPHY (2009): Slices of 2010 - Trinidad Carnival
good rss gadget image



Macpark


I'm trying to centralize the blogs I read (read them in one place instead of mulitple websites) and some of them have an "RSS feed" button to click, but the coding is about three pages long, so I don't understand it.

Also -- is there a "blog search" engine thing where I can find more blogs to read?
In layman's terms, please. Thanks!
I still don't understand what to do with the RSS feeds when I click that orange button.



Answer
Hi Mac, depending on what OS system your using depends on what is already available to you.

If using Microsoft Vista, use the sidebar gadget available to collect RSS feeds. The 3 page long code is not what you want.

Really Simple Syndication (RSS). RSS is a format set up for sharing content on the Web. When headlines are updated, the headlines on your news reader or on your online aggregator will automatically update.

I personally use Yahoo Widgets, so I have downloaded a widget from Yahoo! Widgets that reads RSS. Also things like My Yahoo! has a built in RSS reader.

Select the RSS you would like to use and get the .rss address.
Example: www.domian.com/index.rss --- would be proper.

Using this address with any reader will get the proper information.

GOOD LUCK hope I helped!

Are there any Google Gadgets that give an SAT Word a day?




Lulu


Are there any Google Gadgets or RSS feeds that give an SAT Word per day or every few days on the iGoogle homepage?


Answer
Is this what you are looking for. I'm not sure of it. But you can check it out:

http://www.googleminiapps.com/4602/tools/gre-gmat-sat-toefl-vocabulary-gadget/

Best of Luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

 
Home