What are the new and cool gadgets that will be released or that is released in 2008 or upcoming years?

good gadget magazine on richmond road At everyday can, pull- tab, metal bottle opener sits ...
good gadget magazine image



prism towe


What are the NEW and COOL gadgets that will be released or that is released in 2008 or upcoming years?


Answer
On Friday, Oct. 24th, Oprah had her newest favorite gadget! It is a dedicated electronic reader called "The Kindle". You can see one at Amazon.com. This reader can download a book in a minute or less and also can play music and has WiFi capabilities if you are in a Sprint Whispernet area. I was so impressed by the design and functions of the "The Kindle" that I ordered one that very day and should be getting it this Thursday. I read a lot and books are so expensive. Amazon.com currently has just over 190,000 books available to down load (and added more daily) for usually less than half the price of either a hardback or paperback book. "The Kindle" can also download newspapers and magazines (minus adds and some syndicated publishings) for much less than you pay at the newsstands. I searched everything I could find about "The Kindle" before ordering mine and I found very few people who didn't like theirs. Even my husband got excited over this new gadget. Never thought I would like to even think about reading something without actually feeling the paper and smelling the ink just as Oprah said she didn't think she would either, but I am willing to give it a thorough testing because it will pay for itself rapidly! This device was marketed at $399.00, but Amazon has it on sale for $359.00 (sorry folks, Friday was the only day for Oprah's $50.00 discount). There are no additional monthly costs other than the books you buy. You can also download books to your computer if you do not get the Sprint Whispernet in your area, which is what I will have to do. However, if I step just a half-hour drive outside my hometown, I could download as many books as I want without my computer. I go out of town a lot so it shouldn't be a problem for me. You can own up to six 'Kindles' per account and share the books among your family. If you loose you Kindle or something happens to a book, Amazon keeps a copy of each and every item you have download and you can download it again for free. Cool, I think! You can change the font size of your text from very small to very large. The screen is made with "E-ink" and unlike plasma or LCD, you can easily see the text while outside, but if you read in bed at night as I do, you will need a lamp or booklight which is no problem to clip on just as an ordinary book. I could tell you more, but you really should check this out, particularly if you are an avid reader, on the go a lot, or even if you just want to share this with a friend. You can also put it in a ziplock bag and take it to the beach or read in the bathtub (which I love to do!). Hope this helped.

What is the criteria? And what are the steps to take in becoming a gadget/electronics reviewer?




Ryan


gadget/electronics (i.e. Cellphones, Cameras, Computers, Everyday stuff you would see at best buy.) I'm not looking to just get free stuff I just love new technology I always have to have the latest ant the greatest of everything.... I guess it kind of an addiction.


Answer
there is an urban legend that you get free stuff for writing reviews for publications. it's not true. first of all no reputable publication accepts free merchandise from vendors as that would bias the review to always be "good" so that the merchant would continue buying advertising in the magazine. and if given to the reviewer, that would bias the review to always be "good" so as to keep the freebies coming.

Product reviews are a necessary part of many publications What the ARRL does is purchase the review model and then re-sells it to the membership afterwards. The reviewer gets nothing except for the prestiege for being the first to try a product, and also has to suffer the "cat calls" should he overlook a design fault. to be fair, they do allow the manufacture to respond to problems discovered, and often it means that the model is improved because of the poor review. Other publications contact consumers that have already made a purchase to get reviews. But none offer a free lunch.

It is unlikely that manufacturers would donate products for review by bloggers because the audited distribution of readership would be too small to make it worthwhile. They would expect to get $1000 worth of advertising from giving away a $1000 item, that would require a distribution of 50,000 interested readers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

 
Home