samuel
Answer
6?? More like 16 driver IEMs.... http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20005384-47.html
6?? More like 16 driver IEMs.... http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20005384-47.html
Open Box: ASUS P5Q motherboard drivers?
jesse r
im thinking of buying this from newegg. ive never bought an "open box" product before. ive looked into it and it says it means it doesnt come with cables or the cd with the drivers. so if i bought this would i be able to set it up and install windows then download the drivers after ive gotten windows installed? or do i need the cd?
please help!
Answer
Now here is my experience with Open boxes and ASUS drivers.
I bought an open box ASUS 690V motherboard early this year to build for someone a cheap system. I had a small form factor case and it was the perfect motherboard. The cons are open boxes comes with no I/O panel for the back of the case. The drivers on the ASUS site have to have a program purchased to open the files, most likely like $49.95... I did manage a work around, since I was only looking for a couple of drivers like onboard sound, the onboard LAN and chipset. If you look on the website it tells you the model # of these gadgets and I went to the Gigabyte website and downloaded drivers for the exact LAN and Sound that was on the ASUS board. You just have to do your homework a little and make sure you are selecting drivers for the exact same item you are using on your ASUS. FYI, I think about all 3 drivers came off of different Gigabyte motherboards, because each device is different on Gigabyte boards not all three I needed on One certian Gigabyte board.
Yes you will set up and install windows. Just as soon as windows asks you about windows update, shut down the automatic update. Windows will install a sound driver for your onboard sound and will totally screw up your sound. You need to install those drivers for yourself... After you get the drivers installed then you can turn automatic updates on... Email me if you have any questions, it is kinda hard to explain everything but I am glad to help if needed.
Now here is my experience with Open boxes and ASUS drivers.
I bought an open box ASUS 690V motherboard early this year to build for someone a cheap system. I had a small form factor case and it was the perfect motherboard. The cons are open boxes comes with no I/O panel for the back of the case. The drivers on the ASUS site have to have a program purchased to open the files, most likely like $49.95... I did manage a work around, since I was only looking for a couple of drivers like onboard sound, the onboard LAN and chipset. If you look on the website it tells you the model # of these gadgets and I went to the Gigabyte website and downloaded drivers for the exact LAN and Sound that was on the ASUS board. You just have to do your homework a little and make sure you are selecting drivers for the exact same item you are using on your ASUS. FYI, I think about all 3 drivers came off of different Gigabyte motherboards, because each device is different on Gigabyte boards not all three I needed on One certian Gigabyte board.
Yes you will set up and install windows. Just as soon as windows asks you about windows update, shut down the automatic update. Windows will install a sound driver for your onboard sound and will totally screw up your sound. You need to install those drivers for yourself... After you get the drivers installed then you can turn automatic updates on... Email me if you have any questions, it is kinda hard to explain everything but I am glad to help if needed.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
0 comments:
Post a Comment